Community Grants Program
Born from TaskRabbit's mission to make everyday life easier, TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G) helps our neighbors in need find work and a place to call home. We believe in opening doors and providing opportunities to lift people up when they need a hand.
Our 2019 inaugural grant program supports local organizations that help people earn a meaningful living and make our communities a better place to live.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR THE FALL 2019 GRANT CYCLE
In fall 2019, TR4G will award up to three (3) grants to small, grassroots nonprofits aligned with our mission. Each grant is a combination of USD $8,000 in cash and USD $2,000 in TaskRabbit credits, which the organization can use to hire Taskers via our platform.
TaskRabbit will highlight the three (3) selected grant recipients on its website and social channels, showcasing the important work made possible by the grant.
Grants are funded through profits from donation drop-off tasks on the TaskRabbit platform and contributions from TaskRabbit employees. For more information on TaskRabbit’s services and what your organization can get done with TaskRabbit credits, please visit About TaskRabbit and TaskRabbit Services.
We’re looking for small, grassroots organizations that do incredible work in our communities around workforce development and/or creating a place to call home, have inspiring stories to tell, and will use the grant to make an impact on the lives of neighbors in need.
All organizations that meet the following criteria are welcome to apply:
- For this inaugural grant cycle, we're looking for community organizations located and delivering direct services in cities where TaskRabbit operates in the United States or the United Kingdom. Check to see if TaskRabbit is in your city in the US or UK.
- 501(c)(3) status in the US or “registered charity” status in the UK.
- An annual operating budget under $/£ 1 million, with a strong preference for budgets under or around $/£ 500,000. Local chapters/affiliates of larger organizations whose budgets fit these parameters are welcome to apply.
- Work is aligned with our mission to help neighbors in need find work and/or a place to call home.
- Provide services to our focus populations (e.g. unemployed, underemployed, homeless, refugees, displaced, veterans, seniors).
- Attest to the following nondiscrimination policy: TaskRabbit partner organizations do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or gender, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
- Sept. 30: Grant application opens
- Nov. 1: Grant application closes
- Week of Dec. 2: Grant recipients notified
- Week of Dec. 9: Grants disbursed. Grant period will be 6 months from disbursement date
- 1 month after grant period ends: Short final report to be submitted by grant recipient to the TR4G team.
READY TO APPLY?
Complete our application telling us:
- Your organization’s mission and the community you serve
- Success stories to date
- How your organization would use $8,000 USD cash and $2,000 USD in TaskRabbit credit
- Document uploads: IRS 501(c)(3) Determination Letter (US nonprofits) or Articles of Association (UK registered charities)